[MPlayer-users] Playing multiple video in fullscreen mode

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 05:11:35 CET 2006

vesuvious volcano wrote:

> On 3/6/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:49:59 +0800 "vesuvious volcano"
>> <vesuvious at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Whenever mplayer finishes playing one video, it goes back to the
>>> command prompt and waits until the next video is loaded.
>>
>> This gets asked quite a lot...  Use: -fixed-vo
>
> :) Thanks for the prompt reply. That just solved this problem.

This does always not work correctly, for me, with videos which are of
different resolutions; some (I believe "most") of the time, if the new
video is of larger resolution than the first, only a chunk of it the
size of the first one is displayed, and if the new video is of smaller
resolution than the first, bright blue bands are displayed in the
formerly blank areas.

The last time I mentioned something about this (somewhat in passing over
on -dev-eng about a month ago), the response did not make it clear
whether or not -fixed-vo was supposed to be able to handle varying
resolutions when combined with -fs or only when playing in a window; I
asked for clarification, but received no response.

If in fact -fixed-vo is supposed to be able to handle multiple videos
with different resolutions cleanly even when playing in fullscreen, then
I'd like to know what sort of information should go in a proper bug
report about this type of problem; crash bugs I know how to handle, bugs
involving specific files I mostly know how to handle, but neither of
those apply here. (The problem is made worse by the fact that I don't
remember offhand any specific combination of files which will trigger
either form of the problem... I know that I have quite a number of them,
I've just never had occasion to note down specific pairings.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.