[MPlayer-users] MPlayer hangs playing 'Sony Pictures' DVDs.

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 16:08:47 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/27/06, Alexander Roalter <roalter at cs.tum.edu> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> >
> > Yes, my copies are French ones. I'll try to remember to test them
> > tonite as you said.
> >
> So, I got my brother to put them into my computer and the I made a
> little remote session from work ;)
>
> The Disc is Seinfeld Season 6, 1st Disc.
>
> if I install libdvdread (version 0.9.4) I find the program title_info in
> the src-directory.
>
> in this directory a program called disc_id is also included. Issuing
> this command delivers:
>
> #./disc_id /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
>
> d927930945c0b3c3a7d55fe14378df61
>
> (so you can compare it)
>
> As you can see I'm using a rather old kernel with devfs.
>
> if I enter
>
> #./title_info /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 1 > title1

Confirmed. I have the same problem here too. I haven't noticed it
until now as I wasn"t playing them on my computer.

Now I'm angry at Sony who's sold me defective DVDs. Alexander, do you
join me to sue Sony for selling defective products which doesn't allow
me to make a fair use of it?

Guillaume

--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger