[MPlayer-users] DVD subtitles Help

Hernan Otero hernan.otero at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 01:21:31 CET 2006

I have, some dvd's that can play sub's correctly in others dvd players and
can't play subs in mplayer, i have tried with -slang, -sid, -vobsubid and
even identifying the IFO file with -ifo with the -v option the sid's are
displayed correctly but..., when i try to play it, the subtitles are showed
in the wrong order ( incremented by one ).

I tried to look in the source, walking through the code, from
mplayer.cifo_read.c
demuxer.c open.c dvd_reader.c spudec.c, and i can't find where the problem
is.

Looking the IFO file with ifoedit, all seems ok.    May be some one could
help me, at least point me some guideline to debug the code. ( I have some
experience programming, but no experience with the IFO file structure )

Regards,
             Hernán