[MPlayer-users] Re: problematic rtsp/pnm RealPlayer streams

Marco Scoffier marco at metm.org
Wed Mar 1 18:57:24 CET 2006

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:32:10 +0000, adland123 wrote:

> short answer is to play ../7-11-05-am-1.rm instead or mplayer
> rtsp://164.67.141.39:7070/ipam/7-11-05-am-1.rm
>
> longer answer is format of playlist returned is not same in this rtsp
> stream as others.
>
> smil playlist parser does not recognize the format correctly now needs
> modifications to handle this case.

Thank you so much for your effort.

As you may have noticed I tried just about every combination of pnm/rtsp
and -playlist to view the stream.  I was confused about why the first
.smil playlist contained links to rtsp versions of yet another .smil
file.

Can I ask how you managed to read the second .smil file from the rtsp
stream?  Did you use mplayer.  I tried different things to try to figure
out what the actual .rm file was but was not as successful as you.

Thanks again for your time,

--
Marco