[MPlayer-users] Problem Compiling MPlayer 1.0pre8

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 00:25:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/27/06, Alex Waterman <imnotlistening at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also had a problem with the compilation. It was after though, mplayer only
> supported very
> few vo's. Some of the ones it does not support are x11 and shm, the two that
> I can use to
> play video with. Any ideas as to why mplayer is not supporting x11?

MPlayer supports a large variety of VOs. Just check the man page!!

However, depending on the platform, so VOs are preferred. In the case
of OSX, the preferred ones are macosx and quartz, for obvious reasons:
OSX isn't based on X11...

Guillaume

--
"If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates."
  - Jay Leno