[MPlayer-users] Re: Problem Compiling MPlayer 1.0pre8

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 14:47:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/24/06, Bryan Alton <balton at eircom.net> wrote:

> Guillaume,
>
> Any chance of uploading the pre8 build of Mplayer for OSX onto the Mplayer
> webpage - the version currently on the download page of the site is
> pre-release and from early April.

I'll see what I can do. Right now, my MPlayer build lacks
freetype/fontconfig support (which are needed for OSD), which I hope
to solve soon.
In the attempt to add support to freetype, I installed a fair deal of
libraries, which has caused me to run into some issues similar to
yours.

It looks like the configure script is not doing its job, which is to
only compile parts of MPlayer which can go through the whole
compilation.

I'll see what I can do.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to disable as many features as possible to
see if you can compile a bare to the bones version of MPlayer.

Guillaume
--
"If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates."
  - Jay Leno