[MPlayer-users] splitting gmplayer controls & video window across displays

Dirk Verheijen d.verheijen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 13:14:56 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I want to apologize upfront if this is not the right place to post my
question regarding (g)mplayer.

I have been using mplayer and gmplayer for a month now, and I have a
question regarding using gmplayer with TV-out.

I have a fc5 system with TV-out which I use for watching movies on my TV. My
application of choice for this is gmplayer. I would like to have the
gmplayer control panel on my desktop, while sending the video window to my
TV, so that I can use the controls on my desktop, rather than having them on
the TV screen.

Is there a way to do this? I have been searching for quite some while now,
but have not come across anything useful.

I know about the -display :x.y option which works fine for me with mplayer,
but when using it with gmplayer the control panel is also sent to the TV.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions,

Kind regards,

--
Dirk Verheijen