[MPlayer-users] AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus Audio Reference Streams

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jun 23 09:37:22 CEST 2006

Greg J. Ogonowski wrote:
> Hello-
>
> I am new to this list.
> I would like to make available our AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus Reference
> Streams for mplayer development.
> I don't know if I should have posted this message in the development
> list or not. I was afraid of the warning message! :)
>
> http://www.orban.com/products/streaming/opticodec-pc1010/eval/
>
> DO NOT USE the Windows Media Player Plugin URLs. They are specific to
> the Plugin. Use the direct stream URLs listed below each of the Plugin
> links.
>

> VLC plays all of these streams, however, mplayer does not seem to
> support any HTTP Tunneled, 3GPP LATM, or Icecast2 AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus
> audio streams.

dunno about shoutcast, but mplayer compiled with live555 libraries is
supposed to be able to play
latm streams.
Any chance to get some latm stream on file for devel/testing purposes?
It's time to add a demuxer to libavformat for this kind of stuff

> Any chance you would consider support for these streams?
> If you need a description of the difference between a SHOUTcast and
> Icecast2 player implementation, please ask. It is very minor, although
> different enough to prevent the streams from playing.
> I will add mplayer to our list of supported players.
>
> Regards,
> -greg.
>
> Please also let me know if this should be posted in the development list.

 Sponsor:
 Entra nel club Canderel, per te subito l’esclusivo dispenser firmato Flowers in love! Canderel, attrazione irrefrenabile!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5208&d=23-6