[MPlayer-users] h.264 and cpu consumption

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 04:02:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:59, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
> Yeah, but is that five pictures over twenty minutes at 29.97 FPS, or
> at 0.0042 FPS? Unless you encoded it at 0.0042 FPS (that is, a grand
> total of five frames in twenty minutes), MPlayer will have to decode
> all the frames, even if they're identical, or even if they have
> little to no motion. And at 1024x768 resolution, that's a fair chunk
> of data to decode too.

Actually the movie is 23.975 FPS, But the movie is only 9.6M (9967485 byte to
be exact), so by a naive guess, the data mplayer need to decode is  6.5
kbytes/s, and the data for every frame is about 300 bytes. Considering the
movie is almost static, I still feel unnatural for such a small amount of
data eats so much cpu time.

--
Best Regards,
LR