[MPlayer-users] Re: dump _and_ play

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 19:16:06 CEST 2006

[that Louis-David Miterrand wrote:]

>>> Thanks for the tip.
>>> vlc has a nice buil-in stream duplication facility :
>>> vlc --sout
>>> "#duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,url=/tmp/phile.mpg}}"

...*ugly* syntax, IMO. I expect something that unreadable in actual
code, not in a command line (leaving aside the case of writing code on
the command line, say when passing a one-line script to 'perl -e').

>>> Let's hope something similar might be incorporated into mplaye
>>> some day.
>> On some Unix derivatives I worked on streams could be forked (I
>> think that was the term) by the operating system. Does yours not
>> perhaps support that?
> man tee ;)

Doesn't that only work with stdout/stdin, though?

       The Wanderer sometimes gets irritated by people who snip
attribution lines, or software which doesn't attribute correctly

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.