[MPlayer-users] [MPLAYER] Cannot play wmv files

tommmmmm tommmmmm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 18:30:49 CEST 2006

>> How to make sure? And moreover, do i need to?
>
> > ... because you need to set up a chroot environment with all necessary
> 32bit
> > libs and devel packages. Don't ask us how. Your distribution docs should
> > answer that question.

 This is way too troublesome. It is the most complicated solution among all
!!!!
Just tell me the line that i need to edit in mplayer source to make mplayer
use 32bit codecs !!!!! DO I SPEAK MYSELF CLEAR ???

and don't joke with me about distribution docs, it's not fu**ing M$ support
webpage.

> Judging by the output you provided in your first post, you didn't run
> > make distclean
> > before re-running ./configure after having compiled MPlayer from that
> tree.

make  distclean was not necessary !!!!! I untarred/unzipped all of the
different mplayers and then, RIGHT AFTER it, I tried to build it along with
the instructions from faq. An even to make you feel pleased, I did make
distclean and it still didn't work. happy? I am not.
Why everyone is always hiding the solution from my eyes...