[MPlayer-users] [MPLAYER] Cannot play wmv files

tommmmmm tommmmmm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 20:12:17 CEST 2006

There are no official and even unofficial 64 bit wmv codecs. I have put wmv
codecs into my codec directory.

But 64 bit Mplayer does not use those codecs ( because they are 32 bit ! ).
So I wanted to compile Mplayer as 32 bit so it would use 32 bit wmv codecs.
But the compilation fails.

You are being interested into stuff that is not helpful to me ! And moreover
you only have questions. Just look at error output and tell me what's wrong.
Btw. I used official configuration that is posted here
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2543477 And because it is
"OFFICIAL" the mplayer should compile fine, but it doesn't.

I know for sure:
1. I have 32bit wmv codecs in /usr/local/lib/codecs
2. Compiling Mplayer into 32bit does not work
3. 64 bit mplayer does not use 32 bit codecs so I CANNOT watch wmv files.