[MPlayer-users] built-in toolame audio support examples?

Noah Spurrier noah at noah.org
Thu Jun 15 23:42:05 CEST 2006

I'm trying to compress a DVD VOB to MPEG4 with MP3 audio.
Does anyone have an example of the steps for a 2-pass transcoding
using the built-in toolame audio compression support?
I've tried and failed to compress the audio separately
and then mix is back. The audio slowly drifts out of sync
toward the end of the movie. Maybe I'll have better luck
using the built-in toolame. Keywords "mencoder toolameopts" in Google
didn't turn up anything.

So far I've had no joy with syncing audio and video.
I've been trying various different suggestions over the last couple days.
My last attempt was to use the 'harddup' option for the filter.
That didn't work. Still out of sync.

Yours,
Noah

P.S. These are the exact ripping steps that I was using:
    mplayer SRC.VOB -vc null -vo null -aid 129 -ao pcm:fast -noframedrop
    # Compress raw PCM audio to 96kbps MP3
    lame -h --athaa-sensitivity 1 --lowpass 16.0 --cbr -b 96 --resample 32
audiodump.wav audiodump.mp3
    # Transcode video pass 1
    mencoder SRC.VOB -o videodump.avi -aid 129 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:mbd=2:vpass=1:keyint=12 -vf harddup
    # Transcode video pass 2
    mencoder SRC.VOB -o videodump.avi -aid 129 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:mbd=2:vpass=2:keyint=12 -vf harddup
    # Mix video and audio together to final video container
    mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o video_final.avi -audiofile
audiodump.mp3 videodump.avi