[MPlayer-users] Garbled video

Dean Montgomery dmonty at sd73.bc.ca
Wed Jun 14 23:44:22 CEST 2006

Somehow I managed to break mplayer and I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

I'm running Debian Testing.
xserver-xorg 1:7.0.20.
mplayer 1:1.0-pre7cvs20060430-0.4
w32codecs 1:20060501-0.0
nvidia video drivers from the nvidia website.
using -vo xv

I've obtained the mplayer packages from.
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main

These packages worked great.  However some time later, after doing some
upgrades, the video quality became very poor.

I tried compiling it from source but I get the same problem.
I tried upgrading the nvidia drivers to the latest, but I get the same
problem.
3d accelerated programs still work fine.

Here are two images showing the garbled opening green-screen warning text
and the "Columbia Pictures" lady.  As you can see the picture is very poor
and grainy.
http://dj-monty.net/tmp/mplayer-broke1.png
http://dj-monty.net/tmp/mplayer-broke2.png

Any ideas?