[MPlayer-users] How to remove ghosting

Mon Jun 12 13:52:22 CEST 2006

Hi Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto!

 On 2006.06.12 at 04:58:13 -0300, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote next:

> I use mplayer|mencoder to view|record video crom a v4l2 analog tv capture
> card. One of the channels has "ghost images". It's clearly a signal problem,
> not an mplayer problem. Is there a filter in mencoder for me to fix this?

Not sure it'll help you, but try denoising (hqdn3d) nevertheless.
Default options are more suitable for anime than for real life movies, I
prefer something like hqdn3d=2:2:4 for them, but to get rid of ghosts,
you'll have to increase the values. Of course, fine details and noise
will become washed out too, but that's the price..