[MPlayer-users] Debian "testing" vlc install and mplayer svn

Sterling Sympatico smacnay at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 11 23:53:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

I run Debian "testing" and wish to install vlc found in the Debian
repository.  I notice that installing vlc will also install libavcodec,
libavutil, postproc, and another library/file that is found in the
ffmpeg and mplayer svn trees.

If I install the Debian versions of these packages (they seem to be
snapshots from about late April as of now), will it interfere with my
coninued use and update of mplayer and ffmpeg svn?  Or will updating
mplayer overwrite the older versions (.deb packages) of the libavxxx
packages?

Thanks for any response,

Sterling MacNay