[MPlayer-users] Mencoder 2006-06-08 with XivD 1.1.0 => Cant play with Window

hob4bit - hob4bit at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 09:21:41 CEST 2006

Hi, I am still trying to encode to XviD using "mencoder 2006-06-08" using
"libxvidcore 1.1.0"
on Linux. The problem is that no matter what I try the encoded XviD movies
will not play inside
Windows Media Player.

I have XviD 1.1.0 installed for Windows. Tmpegenc, VLC and MPlayer on
Windows can
read these XviD files. There seems to be something strange about XviD files
generated by
Mencoder. I have other XviD files which I downloaded and these works with
WMP.

Has anybody tried making XviD files using "mencoder" and got them to play on
WMP in
Windows? Is there anything special we need to do or a patch for Mencoder? I
know
this is a very common problem as there are many reports of similar problems.

Thanks