[MPlayer-users] watching VCD on Plextor drives

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Jun 2 19:11:52 CEST 2006

Thomas Maguin wrote:
> mplayer vcd://2 /dev/hdx on Plextor drives still results in an

What about vcd://   ?

> unacceptable "movie". On the other hand kmplayer produces a correct movie on
> the same disc in the same drive only using the "Open VCD" dialog.

What do you mean by "unacceptable"?

> Can't you get some information from there, so that mplayer can play out of the
> box VCDs on Plextor drives in an acceptable way?

I thought kmplayer was just a front-end for mplayer. I any case, please
post the text output of mplayer, and, if possible, kmplayer. Try running
kmplayer from a terminal to get it's output (I've never used it, so
that's just a guess).

By comparing the outputs yourself you may be able to see what's wrong.
If not, post here.

If you are subscribed to this list, I suggest you remove the explicit
reply-to from the messages you send here. If you aren't subscribed, you
should mention that. I am subscribed, so reply to the list message, not
to me personally, even though you're getting off-list CC.

-Corey