[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-1.0pre8 detecting wrong aspect ratio

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Jul 31 22:25:11 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:59:28PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> all made with the wrong aspect ratio

> oops, this is a bug in the muxer. I'll disable A/R patch for mpeg1
>
> >I know that. And I also sayd that I didn't see the code. The fact is that
> >even
> >if your current code is correct, your change alone has introduced a bug in
> >mplayer.
> >If it is your code that need to be changed or it is lavc that needs to be
> >fixed I don't know. But currently the bug is there and my task was to
> >report it.
> >
> >Giacomo
> >

> maybe a compatibility option should be considered

I have done more test. Without using -mpegopts vaspect=4/3 now
the aspect is set correctly in the stream:
aspect 8 for 4/3 PAL and aspect 12 for 4/3 NTSC. This is the same result you
have if you use mjpegtools in order to create the mpeg1 stream.

Nevertheless pre7 plays the file with the correct aspect ratio and pre8 don't.

Giacomo