[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-1.0pre8 detecting wrong aspect ratio

Raj Kiran Grandhi grkiran at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 16:01:26 CEST 2006

On 7/31/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:21:23 +0530
> "Raj Kiran Grandhi" <grkiran at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I find that mplayer detects a wrong aspect ratio for .dat files.
>
> As a shot in the dark, you might try with -vfm ffmpeg, and see if there
> is any change.

Thank you. The -vfm ffmpeg now scales the video correctly, but
-identify still reports the aspect ratio as 0.0000.

I use a script for encoding with mencoder. The script reads the aspect
ratio from the output of -identify. Now with this problem, the script
fails to detect the aspect ratio, and I am having to provide it
manually.