[MPlayer-users] NVidia, getting cvidix to work, TV-Out possible?

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Sun Jul 30 20:02:30 CEST 2006

Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote on Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 05:02:05PM +0200:

> Under FB I got good results without doing anything, but under X there
> are sometimes problems with FB: multiple images, sometimes
> color-separated or something else. And Full Screen did also make some
> problems then. Since I'm quite happy (at the moment) with the situation
> I did not really delve deep into the whole framebuffer thing.

Hi,

well, so far I got nothing. I tried to get a simple thing as vesafb
working with 2.6.17.7 but no dice, it's not funny anymore. I got
nvidiafb up and running but not the tv-out part. I'll just let it go.

On another box I use the VGA port of a radeon 9250 with a VGA-to-RGB
(Scart) connector for tv-out and it's perfect (with a 720x576 modeline).
I had to solder the connector, but it was worth it.

Thanks for your input
Sebastian