[MPlayer-users] mplayer on FreeBSD-6.0-REL && avisynth.dll

Matthias Apitz guru at Sisis.de
Wed Jul 26 11:29:35 CEST 2006

El día Tuesday, July 25, 2006 a las 06:32:12PM +0200, Ivo escribió:

> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 18:04, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > El día Tuesday, July 25, 2006 a las 05:58:07PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER
> escribió:

> MPlayer is not a webbrowser.
>
> [..]
> > >
> > > nope. This is just a plain missleading message
> >
> > in which sense 'missleading'? why mplayer can't play that?
>
> MPlayer has printed that message whenever you feed it a playlist without the
> -playlist option or, like in your case, a plain HTML document.
>
> Try:
>
>  mplayer http://66.175.96.10/cotropi
>
> BTW To "find" those magical URL's yourself, view the source of the webpage,
> and look for any .asx url's. Open those in a separate window and also view
> the source of that page. It should contain the url of the actual stream.
> You might also open the *.asx url with the -playlist option with MPlayer,
> but I prefer direct stream url's.

Ivo,

Many thanks for this good explanation. I had already tried it with the
'-playlist' option, but this lets mplayer cycle through many URL without
any luck. The problem with all this is that non-tech users (like my
columbian wife) are lost with that. I've installed her a nice FreeBSD
desktop with KDE and all stuff for DVD, CD, web-tv (teleSUR) but
every time when she hits some new stuff in Internet, like the above
radio station of her country, she gets lost (and as you see, me too :-)

If you dump down the source with

$ lynx -dump -source http://www.tropicanafm.com/envivo.asp

you will see one URL as:

  src="http://audio.grupolatinoderadio.com/envivo.ASX?EMI=COTROPI"

and a second dump of this gives:

$ lynx -dump -source 'http://audio.grupolatinoderadio.com/envivo.ASX?EMI=COTROPI'

<Asx Version = "3.0">
<Entry>
<title>Tropicana Estereo - Colombia</title>
<Ref href = "http://66.175.96.10/cotropi" />
<duration value="00:30:00.000">
</Entry>
</Asx>

I'm asking me (and all) if there is a tool which presents in some window,
or in an alpha XTerm, the URL's to follow and you may page-down through
them to get where you want?

Ok, if not I've to instruct my columbian girl to use Lynx :-)

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH