[MPlayer-users] video out device problem

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 12:06:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Monday 24 July 2006 06:54, Ambrosius Nihilo wrote:
> I installed mplayer from source (downloading source, fonts and codecs from
> the mplayer webpage)
> I wrote the command in a text console but I have x11 installed on my
> computer. How can I add x11 to the list of video outputs?

You'll need to have the "-dev" packages that go with X11 installed too in
order to compile MPlayer (or anything else) with X support.

The configure script should then automatically detect the presence of the X11
headers and enable the X-based vo drivers such as x11, xv and xvidix.

You'll be able to check whether it's detected them, before proceeding with the
compile if it has, by looking at the summary that configure displays when
it's finished. It'll show something like "Enabled optional drivers:" then a
list of the various drivers and codecs that will be compiled. Look for "x11"
and "xv" in the "Video output:" line.

Hope this helps.

Stephen