[MPlayer-users] some DVDs play and others don't

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Sun Jul 23 03:49:39 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam <ahcnz at ihug.co.nz>

>FYI. My version was probably off the Mandriva 2006 distro, and updated
from
>urpmi --update mapleyer, which seems not to be a proper way of
updating the
>version.

That's why they want us to compile it instead of using pre-built.  They
don't build them and therefore don't really support them.  I always
compile all my codecs I want first as well as libdvdcss(always get the
newest source for that) and then compile MPlayer.  Also, it looks like
you are using a Pentium 2 or Celeron?