[MPlayer-users] Re: VESA driver on windows versions

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sat Jul 22 16:19:30 CEST 2006

> So I think that the only chance to get the graphics output in DOS is the
> VESA or SVGA driver. But they are disabled in windows versions of MPplayer.
> Does exist some version which has these drivers enabled?

The VESA driver is apparently Linux specific. I would assume accessing
the real mode BIOS functions is somewhat operating system dependent?

As for the SVGA driver, that uses SVGALIB, which is available for Linux
and FreeBSD only. Since it's not a kernel thing, I suppose it's at least
possible to port it to Windows or DOS. You'd just have to do it.

>From the HX DOS website it looks like HX DOS supports SDL, so that seems
a more likely candidate, since mplayer supports SDL as well.