[MPlayer-users] Converting between uncompressed AVIs?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jul 19 23:06:13 CEST 2006

Nathan Hiemenz wrote:

> --- The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Nathan Hiemenz wrote:
>>
>>> ZSNES now lets you dump zmvs to movies. I've found it convienent
>>> for sprite ripping to use AVIs, it makes things faster and more
>>> accurate.
>>
>> ...and as an interesting side note, unless they've changed things
>> from when I was last informed about this, their "record this video
>> game session into an AVI" feature uses MEncoder for the purpose.
>> (Not sure how that works with the fact that their primary release
>> platform these days seems to be Windows.) I've never used it
>> myself, so I'm not sure about the details anymore, but it was very
>> definitely the case the last time I looked into the matter.
>
> Oh, this isn't a MEncoder mailing list? I thought it was connected to
> MPlayer.. sorry.

Well, there *is* a 'mencoder-users' mailing list, but you're right that
they are in fact part of the same project. I wasn't intending this as a
correction, just as a bit of extra information that someone might find
interesting.

(Although, incidentally, your mail client does something severely broken
with line-wrapping in quoted replies. Also, you'll notice that I've cut
out the .sigs in the quotes; there's no need to retain a quote of text
you aren't replying to, unless it's needed for context.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.