[MPlayer-users] Can MPlayer 1.0-Pre8 play DV AVI Type-1?

Francois Visagie fvisagie at za.spescom.com
Wed Jul 19 09:11:04 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of En Ming Teo
Sent: 19 July 2006 08:53
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: [MPlayer-users] Can MPlayer 1.0-Pre8 play DV AVI Type-1?

I keep getting AVI-NI: No video stream. If MPlayer 1.0-Pre8 cannot play
type-1 dv, is there any other software that will play type-1 avi.

I have too much DV Type 1 and it is impractical for me to convert every one
of them to type 2.

Thank you

---------------------------------

Hi,

No it can't. Your best bet is to use another player or to convert. In
Windows there's an as-yet imperfect work-around - I've noticed that when I
have the file opened in another, DV AVI type 1-capable player, mplayer IS
capable of playing it. The output isn't impressive but fiddling around with
forcing codecs etc. it improves substantially. I gave up when I came across
an acceptable (to me) conversion utility.

Regards,
Francois

This e-mail is sent on the Spescom Terms and Conditions
that can be accessed by clicking on this link http://www.spescom.com/email.html