[MPlayer-users] Converting between uncompressed AVIs?

Nathan Hiemenz hyper_rpger at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 02:39:15 CEST 2006

ZSNES now lets you dump zmvs to movies. I've found it
convienent for sprite ripping to use AVIs, it makes
things faster and more accurate.

But when I try to create an uncompressed avi in
mencoder (using -ovc copy option -- it copies over the
raw video dump), the format the ends up in is called
RGB . This format is non-recognizable by most
players, including any animation applications that
import AVIs. I would like to know how to convert these
avis to some "standard" form.