[MPlayer-users] convert DVD to other region

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Tue Jul 18 12:55:33 CEST 2006

> > Can anybody point me to or describe me a procedure to convert this
> > DVD to a
> > different region (ro region free)
>
> That's not what MPlayer or MEncoder do. But, just about any DVD
> decrypter(sp?) can strip out region data. Some programs, like Mac The
> Ripper for OS X, will even strip out User Operation Prohibited (UOP)
> flags (like those that don't let you skip commercials or FBI warnings)

I have ripped these video_ts files to my hard disk and with a program on
windows converted it to region 0.   The problem is that I tried to write it
back to a DVD-R (movie happens to be small enough to fit on a single layer
DVD) with Nero (I was converting on windows so I was available) but the
resulting DVD did not play.  Nero complained before writing about
inconsistant data or something.

Now that you speak of NTSC/PAL things could that be the inconsistancey where
NERO referred to ? So is the conversion from NTSC toPAL the reason for the
failure Because I tried to play the dvd on my laptop (which has a region 2
DVD) and it failed (it even did not say the dvd was the wrong region so I
presume the decrypting was OK).