[MPlayer-users] How to encode an ogg with mplayer?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 12:36:39 CEST 2006

I have a .dump file I created long ago with mplayer of some really
great music. It only plays in mplayer. It's encoded in some mplayer
native format. I've heard that it's possible to use mplayer to encode
this file into FLAC, Ogg, or something else that gstreamer-based
players can play, and that I can burn to an audio CD, etc. I have read
the mplayer man page, but honestly I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help me to encode this file into another format?

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SeanHammond