[MPlayer-users] Can't seek to Track (WB)

Luciano R. M. Silva lucianorms at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 15:45:32 CEST 2006

> - mplayer1.0-pre7, pre8 both seem to "hang" and when I eventually
> press CTLR+C it dumps an error message saying couldn't seek to offset.
> When I try a lower track number (up to, let's say 4) then mplayer
> takes a little while but it finds the track.  With the higher number
> tracks I've let the thing "hang" for about an hour and still
> nothing...

If it is like:

> libdvdread: Can't seek to block 4293964377

I had this problems too. You need a different build patched to support large
DVD seeks (>4GB??). Try a build from:

http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/xvid/

or

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

Don't know why this patch didn't make to trunk yet... =/

> Also, I'm confused about where to unzip the codecs that I downloaded.
> What directly should they be in for a Windows install?

Extract them in .\codecs (below the directory were the executables are).

--
lrms