[MPlayer-users] [BUG] lavc error - 2pass curve failed to converge

vitko vitko at post.cz
Fri Jul 14 23:45:00 CEST 2006

> Can one or both of you please provide a sample file for reproducing
> this? The only test case I had before required vmax_b_frames=2, so if
> you have a file that has the same problem with default options then
> debugging may be easier. Try to make the sample file as small as
> reasonably possible; there's no need to upload a DVD image or anything
> if only the first 500 frames are used. If you don't know how to trim
> down the file, ask me and I'll send instructions.

I did

$ mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device . -nosound -ovc copy \
-frames 500 -o r5422test

The result file is 8.6M. As I'm currently on GPRS, I'm not sure about my
uploading capability. I'll be on 2Mbps link on Monday, but I guess
you'll have it pinned down by then. If not, just drop a line (and upload
link) and I'll send the test file.

Vit