[MPlayer-users] mplayer cannot reproduce rm file

Hernan Badino hernan.badino at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 17:02:54 CEST 2006

> Hi.
>
> i'm looking into this stream, but i can't get it to work yet.
> It work with the old realplayer8, but not with the helix realplayer.
> It's a RealAudio4 8k5 bps (codec sipro), audio block format is ra4.
>
> I got past the error
>

>> sdpplin: got 'm=', but 'a=StreamCount' is still unknown. Broken sdp?
>>

> by forcing the code to assume that no StreamCount means 1 stream, but
> there is still some work to do.
>
> The dumped file now has a MDPR chunk, but still misses some data needed
> for stream recognition, not even realplayer8 can play the dumped stream.
> I can probably hack rm demuxer to play it, but I'd really prefer to get
> a valid playable dump.

Hello Roberto,

I investigated a little and I know now what a MDPR chunk is. You're
right that dumped filed the file doesn't have a MDPR chunk.  What I find
strange is that most fields of the PROP chunk are empty. All fields
except the Number of Data Packets in the File, the Offset of the first
DATA chunk and the Flag are null. Could be this maybe the cause of the
problems?

Ciao,

Hernan