[MPlayer-users] codec location when cross compiling

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 17:28:47 CEST 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:01:26 +0100, Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:

>I'm trying to cross compile mplayer but do not know what to specify  for
>--with-codecs-dir.
>
>Should this point to the location the codecs will be on the target  system
>(/usr/local/lib/codecs) or the location where the codecs are  when running
>configure (/stv/build/rootfs/usr/local/lib/codecs)?

--with-codecsdir=<dir> tells MPlayer where to look for codecs at
run time. <dir> does not have to exist or be accessible at configure
time.

I assume that <dir> would be specified in the target directory
syntax, but I have never cross-compiled MPlayer. However, you
don't have to worry about it since your source and target syntax
appear to be the same.