[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer on osx

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 10:10:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/6/06, Bruno Vernay <brunovern.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry to contact you directly, but I saw your mail on
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/44676/focus=44680
> and you seem to have a great knowledge about Mplayer on OSX.
>
> Maybe I should subscribe to the mailing list, but it would mean tons
> of mails which I can't handle now. Too bad there are no forums.

Well, if you are afraid of the load, you can either post through
gmane, or subscribe with the option 'no mail' so that you don't get
the mails, but you will be able to post.

> My problem is that I can compile a bare pre8. But if I ask to
> --enable-gui, it complains about missing libpng-dev. So I tried to get
> it from DarwinPort, but it says that it isn't available. I am stuck.

MPlayer's GUI isn't supposed to work on OSX, so it's not surprising
that you can't make it work ^^
The GUI which is supposed to work is MPlayer OSX. You can find
relevant information about how to compile and use it here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/macos.html#osx_gui

I've just updated the checkout commandlines, but the online doc on the
website may not show this latest version.
In doubt, here's the checkout commadline:

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayerosx/trunk/ mplayerosx
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/ main

Guillaume
--
"If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates."
  - Jay Leno