[MPlayer-users] svn update question

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Mon Jul 3 04:34:48 CEST 2006

Eli Crumrine wrote:

>Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> | Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:35:53 -0500
>

>>I installed mplayer with svn, yesterday, then ran svn update, today.
>>It reports:
>>Updated to revision 18889.
>>
>>My question is, will I need to reconfigure, make, make install each
>>time?
>>

>Yes, that is how compiling source code works.  Subversion only updates
>the source.  If you want binary packages you will need to see what is
>provided by your distribution.

Eli:  Thank you.  Believe me, I have a lot of trouble grasping most
fundamental concepts, working with svn included.  And, to everyone on
the list, I extend a most gracious thank you for any and all help
offered.  I've seen stuff that sounds like some applications might be
set up to have a cron script run, to update them.  Does anyone do that
with mplayer?
Tom

--
94% of returning troops suffer from trauma
Open Studios