[MPlayer-users] please help test my mplayer widescreen converter wrapper script

Daniel Manjarres danmanj2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 04:23:29 CEST 2006

Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about ntsc overscan, and how to avoid losing part
of the video to overscan sometimes broadcasts are letterboxed on all 4
sides, which sucks when played back on a computer where there is no
overscan. Also simple cropdetect fails if your crop detect window falls on a
purely black part of the movie. For some reason the output of -vf cropdetect
gives negative numbers until it sees non-black frames above the threshold,
and then mplayer bugs out. I also had to move my sample points around to
avoid that. In fact that's what made me jump to multiple samples in the
first place. I got unlucky hitting pure black areas in video files.