[MPlayer-users] Default volume?

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Sun Jan 29 18:59:27 CET 2006

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will try them out later tonight.

RC wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:50:13 +0000
> Michael T D Nelson <m_nels at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>Surely the default JACK behaviour should be not to connect to
>>anything.
>
> That sounds like a terribly unfriendly default.

You're not serious, surely?

JACK is designed for professional audio work. I am using it with an 26
output digital soundcard, and several rackmounted DACs. Surely it shold
be up to *me* to decide what signal goes where?

The last thing I want is for one of my audio programs to arbitrarily
connect to an output. I might be using the first two outputs for
something else completely.

If I can tell mplayer where to connect, it will help me immensely. I'll
try what you suggest.

Regards
Michael Nelson