[MPlayer-users] TV-Out

bpka bpka at freemail.hu
Sun Jan 29 13:14:01 CET 2006

Hi!

I would like to ask a simple(-looking) question about using mplayer
with the TV-Out.
I'm currently working on a program which should display a movie file
_exclusively_ on the TV-out and do some other processing in the background.
The program will have to run on WinXP, and it will use an nVidia video card,
but currently the only way I can test it is on a Radeon card.
Because I have no idea how to write codecs and access video card functions,
I thought it would be the easiest way to call an external player
that can run in the background, like mplayer.
I would like to know how to configure mplayer or what parameters to use
to achive a solely TV-out output without a window on the primary monitor.

Thanks in advance.