[MPlayer-users] parsing error with -vo sdl:name?

Kish Shen kishshen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 07:52:19 CET 2006

Hi,

 I am running mplayer on a Linux box, currently with SuSe Linux 9.3. I compile the various mplayer versions I have tried from source.

 With mplayer 1.0pre7 (both 1.0pre7try2 and a CVS snapshot I downloaded last week), I have been unable to use -vo sdl:name option for the video driver. Which ever driver I tried (in this case -vo sdl:dga [running as root]), I get:

 Could not parse arguments at the position indicated below:
 dga
 ^
 Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

 If I use -vo sdl on its own, this works, and I get the message

 SDL: Using driver: x11

 but -vo sdl:x11 results in the `could not parse' message again.

 With the older 1.0pre6a version of mplayer, I was able to  use -vo sdl:dga.

 Any ideas if I am missing something? [the code that prints the `Could not parse...' message seems to be added after 1.0pre6a]

 Thanks in advance for any help/information!

 Yours sincerely,

 Kish Shen