[MPlayer-users] play mpeg4 stream in mov container

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:39:35 CET 2006

2006/1/24, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>:
[cut]
> Well, MPlayer thinks it's a TS file, not a MOV.  You can try with
> -demuxer mov as well, but I don't expect that will fix things.

In fact, sadly this doesn't help :-(.

> The best thing would be if you could cut off the first couple MBs of the
> file, make sure mplayer has the same problem with that 2MB file, and
> upload it somewhere.

Here is the first 2MB of that file:

  wget http://gnuaction.altervista.org/anto/sample.mov

I'm waiting the new cvs tarball so I can compile mplayer with
libavcodec, by now I can't play 90% of my videos, so I presume the
output isn't very helpful.

Tomorrow, If you want, I can upload  the sample and the log to:

  ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

Just ask if I need to do that.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio