[MPlayer-users] RTSP/RTP problems when exiting mplayer

Luis Garrido luis.garrido at upf.edu
Mon Jan 23 12:36:18 CET 2006

Hi,

  Today Jan 23th I have installed CVS of mplayer (dev-CVS-060123-10:59-4.0.2) and of ffmpeg, and
compiled against lastest live555 libraries (Jan 04th 2006) for RTSP/RTP suport. Compiled with
gcc-4.0.1-3.

  I still  have the same problems with the RTSP/RTP: mplayer gets stucked with a command-line like

    mplayer rtsp://server.upf.es:5000/sample_100kbit.mp4

  The TCP/IP commands that client/server send are ok, except when I press the 'q' key to exit the
client. The client sends the TEARDOWN command to the server: an "Only Aggregate Option Allowed" is
received by the server. Mplayer also hangs up.

> TEARDOWN rtsp://server.upf.es:5000/sample_100kbit.mp4/trackID=3 RTSP/1.0
> CSeq: 5
> Session: 7108510980535062156
>
> RTSP/1.0 460 Only Aggregate Option Allowed
> Server: DSS/5.5.1 (Build/489.8; Platform/Linux; Release/Darwin; )
> Cseq:
> Connection: Close

  I have tested also with the "-rtsp-stream-over-tcp" option and in this case mplayer does *not*
hang up. Again, I have taken a look at the TCP/IP packets that are sent between client and server:
after sending the "TEARDOWN" command (similar to the one included above but with different session
number) the client does not get any response (!?!). Did not expect this behaviour (repeated test
several times to ensure).

  Luis