[MPlayer-users] Difficulties compiling mplayer with JACK support

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Sat Jan 21 09:58:30 CET 2006

RC wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:30:04 +0000
> Michael T D Nelson <m_nels at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>>cc     -o /tmp/mplayer-conf-16838-30772.o
>>/tmp/mplayer-conf-15722-30772.c -ljack
>>/tmp/mplayer-conf-15722-30772.c:1:23: jack/jack.h: No such file or
>>directory
>

> Same old problem:  you need the -dev packages installed, not just the
> binaries.

Thanks, I thought it would be something obvious.

To be honest, I also thought that I did have the dev packages installed,
but I might not on this machine.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
 > I'll look into adding support for jack to the official RPMs.

That sounds like a very good idea. JACK is a very useful audio tool
indeed. Multimedia programs are not a lot of use to me without it.

Thanks,
Michael