[MPlayer-users] Slow-playing files with Darwinports install of mplayer

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Jan 10 10:30:21 CET 2006

Hello all.
I just installed mplayer from Darwinports on my Mac mini which is
running thelatest version of macosx. I find that it isplaying files
and streams so that they sound like a record at very slow speed--slow
and voices octaves lower than they should be. Is this perhaps a
sample rate problem or something else? At first I thought it was a
problem with a particular url, then I thought it mightonly be with
ogg files, but I have tried several types of files and some urls now,
and find the same problem with all. In addition, after running
mplayer I've started to hear some pops through my system when using
voiceover, the tool on the Mac to allow blind people access to the
OS--in fact, voiceover appears to sometimes switch off and back on..
So I'm starting to be leery of even using mplayer until I track down
the problem. In case it is helpful to know this, besides running
Macosx with voiceover, I have an usb Griffin imic hooked up with my
speakers and I have several other audio applications--quicktime
player, iTunes, realplayer, Windows Media, and whamb. I also have
xiph-qt installed whicdh allows me to play og files in iTunes and
quicktime. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be here?

Tia.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,