[MPlayer-users] move cropped cinemascope movie to bottom of screen

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jan 9 06:14:50 CET 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:58:27 +0100
Markus Schulz <msc at tastatur-junkie.de> wrote:

> how can i move a cinemascope movie (anamorph dvd cropped with -vf
> crop)  to the bottom of a 16:9 Screen?

-vf expand=:-100::100 ?

> It is possible to do this also without manually cropping the movie? Or
> exists an autocrop feature in mplayer (a real autocrop, not only print
> the values but use 'em in fullscreen)

No autocrop, and I can't really any way something like that could work
properly.

I've attached a script to accurately detect crop parameters of a
video...  Just add your command-line at the end (eg. "exec mplayer -vf
$CROP") and it will do all the work for you.

The larger the value for "TOTAL_LOOPS" the more accurate, but the longer
it will take.