[MPlayer-users] howto play apples quicktime movie trailers (720p)

Markus Schulz msc at tastatur-junkie.de
Sun Jan 8 19:39:51 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 19:09 schrieb Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski:
> On Sunday, 08 January 2006 at 18:02, Markus Schulz wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 15:25 schrieb Dominik 'Rathann'
Mierzejewski:

> > >           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > Don't use broken packages that hide their real version. These
> > > aren't supported.
> >
> > ok, was a selfmade deb-package built of marrilat sources
> > (1:1.0-pre7cvs20060103-0.0)
> >
> > But i've tried also a cvs version. it's exatly the same for _ALL_
> > Trailers i've got from apple.
> >
> > > Most latest QT trailers are fixed in latest CVS.
> >
> > don't think so in my case, i've tried the following:
> > apocalypto-tsr1_h720p.mov
> > bubble-tlr_h720p.mov
> > da_vinci_code-tsr2_h720p.mov
> > ice_age_2-tsr_h720p.mov
> > king_kong-tlr_h720p.mov
> > superman_returns-tlr1_h720p.mov
> >
> > and many more, _all_ of them are producing this failures.
> > Where did the problem come from? I think from ffmpeg library?
> > It's also from latest cvs. Perhaps some configure switches wrong by
> > building libav*?
> >
> > What can i do else? You can watch the clips error free?
>
> But playback works fine despit these warnings, doesn't it?

no, it hangs every time this msg is dropped and looks like the frame (+
some of the next ones) was dropped. In passages were no errors where
printed, the videos runs smoothly and fine. But most of the parts
generates these errors.

> At least it does for me with some of the trailers you mentioned.
also the 720p ones? the 576p/480p versions are not h264 (iirc) and run's
fine here too.

i've now tried them with vlc (use ffmpeg too), runs fine, except
sometimes they "zoom" the pixels. Don't know how to describe this,
looks scary to me.

--
Markus Schulz