[MPlayer-users] GOT mplayer to work with Firefox 1.5

Chuck chuck at blackforest-co.com
Sat Jan 7 22:13:05 CET 2006

Some time back I download mplayer from hu. Did configure,  make -
errored out
did --gcc=gcc33, errored out. YUM'ed it and it sort'a worked - but
wasn't able
to get a cnn video or several other sites to work.  AVI files would
play.  I just
went back and did ./configure --cc=/sa2/usr/bin/gcc33 /*--disable-termcap*/
(several time to end up with the above).   Ta-Da =-O

It works.

Just tried configure --disable-gcc-checking --disable-termcap - errored out
Raises question here:  why can't you compile with gcc 4.0.2?  Only 3.3.4.

Any who  8-) :-) :-D  I can now watch news videos, listen to xmradio.

THANKS for all the help