AW: AW: [MPlayer-users] rtc wasting 15% CPU

Ethan Arnold ethan at arnold.net
Sat Jan 7 19:25:56 CET 2006

>> Interesting, on my system there is absolutely no difference between
>> with or without -nortc. Mplayer CPU is always <1%

> The obvious question, then; is RTC setup correctly on your system?  Does
> mplayer -v print a line such as:
>  "Using Linux hardware RTC timing" or
>  "Using nanosleep timing"

Hmmm. I had compiled RTC as a module and tried it successfully before, but
this time I forgot to insert it. With loaded RTC my mplayer  uses 5-15% CPU
(800 Mhz Via Eden) (depending on picture content), with -nortc it uses only
1-5% CPU.

Maybe it's polling the rtc instead of using an interrupt?

Ethan