[MPlayer-users] mplayer and realvideo streams

Michaela Merz misch at steyla.com
Sat Jan 7 04:48:56 CET 2006

Hello:

Just a question. I had to rework a project I did a year ago.
Unfortunately, almost all RealVideo Streams are no longer accessible.

Example: rtsp://real.ntv.t-bn.de/live/ntv/ntv_1.rm

I tried different mplayer versions and codecs, 1.0pre6, 1.0pre7-try2, with
and without live.com support, with and without different switches (i.e.
rtsp-stream-over-tcp), the result is always the same: It takes about 3
minutes to connect (realplayer and realplayer8 connect right-away) and
dies with the following messages:

==> Found video stream: 1
video fourcc: RV40 (30345652)
H.263 ID: 40002000
unknown id: 40002000
### skipping 0 bytes of codec info
Chunk: DATA (41544144) (size: 0x0, offset: 0x187)
demux_real: invalid chunksize! (0)
Packets in file: 0
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)
RM: No video stream found.
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
RM: No audio stream found -> no sound.
No stream found.

Now, it seems to be a transport issue. Is it possible that my NAT somehow
gets into mplayers way? I opened (and forwarded) all tcp/udp ports to my
development systems, to no avail though. BTW: openRTSP (from the live.com
package connects ok but complains about the unknown RTP payload format (I
know that live will not work with RTP anyway).

Can somebody please verify the above URL so that I know if I am too stupid
or if mplayer has a problem .. ?

Thank you.

Michaela