[MPlayer-users] OpenGL vsync

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Jan 6 22:58:30 CET 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 11:34:33AM +0100, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> I'd like to have proper vsync while playing on TV-out of my NVidia FX 5200.

If you aren't using latest CVS, that sure is part of your problem.

> Apparently, I can have that, if I use "-vo gl2", but then I lose XV output.

-vo gl is preferable, it properly supports vsync via OpenGL.

> Maybe you can have a look at MythTV (www.mythtv.org). They have
> implemented proper vsync with XV and OpenGL (using OpenGL for syncing).

That is a ugly hack that few people are likely to be interested in I
think. If XV doesn't do vsync by itself, it's broken. Though with some
nVidia implementations you have to enable it explicitly - newer MPlayer
versions should do that automatically.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger